Monday, 22 March 2010

III of Wands

To C. Hope this finds you in good health. I have been sentenced to die by the Commissioner, for my work in freeing the prisoners. You may have read this in the Guardian. I am no longer a fugitive – they found me a place to stand and watch the ships come in, where Her agents can’t touch me. That’s right, I’m somewhere in the South China Sea, but I can’t say exactly where.
Oh and thank you for the evenings. Tell your grandmother I enjoyed playing mancala. I hope you keep your job with the Ministry. I never wanted to hurt you, but some things must come above the love by a man for a woman. And good luck, my dearest. Good luck.
If it helps you then forget about me. I have done enough. And anyway, my lungs are shot. I know I should have given up the cigarettes but there it is. At least I can die without worrying for my family anymore – you heard what happened to them, I’m sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment